Due to the complex nature of communication in a multilingual work environment, it is important to do more than just deliver good translations.
We can also embed multilingual communication into the different processes and parts of the organisation. We can do this by making standard communication available in the different languages used within your organisation or with customers, and then training management and employees to communicate effectively in the foreign language(s).
Ultimately, your managers and employees have to do it. They are the ones who have to communicate in the foreign language(s). FOCUS Translation Agency can help them with language training and language coaching. Daily work is always the starting point for us. Our goal with language training and language coaching is to enable employees to perform their work better and with more pleasure, and to cooperate more effectively with their colleagues, suppliers and clients, by improving their command of the foreign language.
In this way, we contribute to the sustainable improvement of the performance of your organisation and your employees.
Willem Ezerman, the owner of FOCUS Translation Agency, has a first-degree teaching qualification in English and is an experienced language trainer in the business world. He has worked for the Free University Language Centre and the University of Amsterdam Language Centre, among others. The other language trainers we employ are also experienced professionals who enjoy their work and have the goal of enabling their participants to excel.
English in the workplace
Courses, training, coaching and support for all multilingual communication within the organisation
Learn English in the UK - immersive language courses
Follow an intensive English language course in England. You will stay with an English family.
Characteristic of our training and coaching:
- Always customised
- Applied language training: you will work with your own work
- Intake with personal objectives linked to work requirements
The Language of Finance
The language of Finance - English language training for Dutch finance professionals. Choice of 7 modules.
Individual language coaching in the workplace (and remote)
Characteristics of our training and coaching
- Determination of language level
- Mid-term tests/exams
Flemish in the workplace
Language training for individual employees or for a group of employees. Your employees learn to communicate better in Flemish, with colleagues and with customers. Definitely.
Dutch in the workplace
Language training for individual employees or a group of employees. Your employees learn to communicate better orally and in writing in Dutch, with colleagues and with customers. Also for expats!
Business German for Sales Professionals
German language training focused on sales for individual employees or for a group of employees. Your employees will learn to communicate in German with customers and potential customers, from first contact, at trade fairs, during the quotation process and after closing the deal.
French in the workplace
French language training for individual employees or groups. Your employees will learn to communicate better in French with colleagues and customers.
French intensive language course
Do you really want to master the French language? Because you are going to live in France, or because you come there often?
Then follow a customised language course.
French theme courses
Do you want to be introduced to the kind of French you need to have a chat with the local French? Or get by in the supermarket and market? Or at school? Or at the town hall or at the notary's office? Then sign up for one of our themed courses.
When is language training or language coaching important?
We are employed to provide English German, Flemish or French language training or language coaching on the following topics:
- Speaking skills in the work environment
- Writing reports, minutes and instructions
- Correspondence (e-mails and letters)
- Improving pronunciation and fluency
- Expanding business and professional vocabulary
- Reading and/or writing technical English / French / German / Flemish
- Taking minutes of meetings
We are very quality-oriented. This means the following:
- we can determine the language level of the participants
- we take stock of the learning needs with a detailed questionnaire
- we use a variety of teaching methods to present and practise the learning material
- we use the texts written by participants and practical assignments
- we offer continuous support through e-coaching
- we continuously evaluate progress and development
The result we aim for with our language training courses is that the participants receive sufficient attention during the training and, after the training, are able to express themselves well in Dutch or the foreign language or in their work environment.
Feedback from participants:
- "Good training for every level."
- "Fantastic teaching methods that make me really get it!"
- "I now also pay more attention to how colleagues write in English and I can also see that we have made great progress as a company."
- "This training has been an enrichment of the knowledge I already had."
- "The teacher has a very hands-on approach - we really have to work with it - and also uses examples from our practice."
If you are interested in what FOCUS Translation Agency can do for you, please contact us. We will be happy to make a non-binding appointment with you to discuss your questions and requirements.