Would you like to be introduced to the French you need to chat with real French people? Or in the supermarket and market? Or at school? Or at the town hall or at the notary's office? Then sign up for one of our themed courses.
Together with Frans.nl, FOCUS Vertaalbureau offers short, intensive language courses to help you master the basics of the language on a specific topic. You can start with a basic French course if you do not yet have a sufficient command of the language or if your high school knowledge has slipped.
The open-enrolment offer consists of 10 language courses. Each language course consists of three 2-hour meetings. The objective is to raise your awareness of the demands made on you in 10 common circumstances and to teach you the basic skills to get by in French in these situations:
- Speaking French in and around the home
- Speaking French at school
- Speaking French at work
- Talking about small talk in French
- Speaking French while shopping
- Speaking French in the DIY market
- Speaking French with municipality representatives (including letters, emails and phone calls)
- Speaking French in contact with notaries (including letters, emails and phone calls)
- Speaking French in contact with contractors (including quotations, letters, emails and phone calls)
- Speaking French when solving practical problems (e.g. leakage)
These courses are provided by teachers who are native speakers of French. They do not speak Dutch but do speak English.
- you have a good command of the English language
- if you do not yet have a (sufficient) command of the French language or if your high school knowledge has faded, we recommend you first take a basic French course.
You will be given homework after each meeting. The time investment for this is about 3 hours per week.
The participation fee is €250 per course.
The course will be delivered online.
A course will go ahead as soon as there are 6 applications.